With the web playing such an important role now in the way businesses marketing themselves, it is important that your website is not only a good representation of your brand but through clever design and smart functionality, well written content and engaging imagery, drives customer engagement and ultimately new enquiry.
Every organisation should conduct a website health check on an annual basis. Lumino are best placed to do this for you as we have the perfect mix of integrated branding, marketing and design skills. We understand how to make a website's design and functionality operate in unison to achieve marketing objectives. Book in your website health check now.
Below is an example of the sort of questions we ask inorder to deliver the health check report:
- organisation overview (provided by client)
- target markets, who is your product or service aimed at? Or who do you sell your product/service to?
- what benefits do they seek that your service satisfies?
- what are the goals for the website? (e.g. sell goods/educate/build relationships)
- what are the keywords your customers would use to find your site?
We also need to understand general website information such as all the domain names registered, the hosting environment, CMS (content management system) used.
Then we start reviewing the website in terms of:
- target market appeal - does the site clearly appeal to its target market? Does it speak their language and offer the services they are looking for?
- does the site clearly target stakeholders? Does it appeal to media and other key influencers?
- is the website's content, structure and functionality directed towards meeting its aims?
- does the website comply with brand guidelines and contribute to brand equity?
- does the design enhance the brand and customer experience? Is it relevant?
- we provide feedback on text appearance and quality of copywriting
- also on search engine optimisation and the interaction of keywords, metatags, internal and external links
- are their sufficient calls to action on every page?
- are there reciprocal links? Are they relevant?
- are contact options clear and on every page?
We look at findability & usuability:
- is the website easily found by the major search engines and on the first 2 – 3 pages of Google for target keywords?
- what is the page ranking?
- does information flow logically? Can browsers easily find their way around?
- is it always obvious how to get back to the home page?
- is content relevant to the section is appears in?
- is the page layout easy to follow and understand?
- how do performance, speed & download time stack up?
- are there any obvious security issues?
- do clicks and links work well?
Our final report includes the summary recommendations and the steps to take to improve site. Get your website on track and working for the business. Book in your website health check now.